[Beowulf] cold cathode fluorescent backlighting

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Fri Jun 29 16:47:55 EDT 2007

>>  Those of us who
>>are old enough remember that we we were told not to sit too close
>>because it could damage our eyes.  Those of us who sat too close anyway
>>have a higher risk of cataracts and skin cancers.
> are you sure that's not from playing out in the sun all summer in the
> days before SPF50 and solumbra fabric.

You mean like playing out in the sun all day and then coming in
at night, watching "Lost in Space" (up close), with a glass of
Tang. Sun, sugar, and X-rays, those were the days. Notice I did
not mention the X-ray machine that would determine your shoe
size -- when buying your Keds or PF Flyers. I really could "jump
higher and run faster." *

* for those who are not chonologicly gifted, the previous
statements will not make much sense