[Beowulf] Setting up NFS directory mount on client

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Fri Jun 22 20:07:34 EDT 2007

> I can't figure out how to do that. I edited the /etc/fstab file with the
> following line:
> mytestsrv:/ /home nfs4 auto,rw,nodev,sync,_netdev,proto=tcp,retry=10,rsiz
> e=32768,wsize=32768,hard,intr 0 0

mytestsrv appears to be exporting its whole filesystem,
which is a bit unusual.  normally, a home server would just
export /home - that is, an /etc/exports line like:

> but then the files I want appear in:
> /home/home/barney

note that you _could_ also make the fstab entry (on the client side)

mytestsrv:/home /home ...

(without changing the exports entry).

out of curiosity, how are you finding nfs4?  I'd be most interested if you've
performed any performance comparisons...

regards, mark hahn.