[Beowulf] question for licensed software users

Toon Knapen toon.knapen at fft.be
Fri Jun 22 05:03:42 EDT 2007

What kind of problems: developing using FlexLm or deploying an app which
needs to talk to a flexlm-server ?

A few years ago we had an interesting problem with flexlm on windows
32bit: The flexlm library was loading plenty of other system libraries
at a base-address near 1.4Gb. This implied that, even if there was 2Gb
of RAM in the machine, the biggest allocation possible was maximally 1.2Gb.

toon