[Beowulf] network raid filesystem

Farkas Levente lfarkas at bppiac.hu
Wed Jun 13 12:11:05 EDT 2007

hi,
we've a few 10-20 server in a lan each has 4 hdd. we'd like to create
one big filesystem on these server hard disks. we'd like to create it in
a redundant way ie:
- if one (or more) of the hdd or server fails the whole filesystem still
usable and consistent.
- any server in this farm can see the same storage.
it's someting a big network raid5-6... storage where we have about 40-80
partition added to the same filesystem. and there is an fs over it.
which hide all internal network raid functionality.
is there any such solution? i can't find any easy way to do this on our
linux servers.
thank you for your help in advance.