[Beowulf] Sidebar: Vista Rant

Jim Lux James.P.Lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jul 19 09:31:59 EDT 2007

At 04:20 AM 7/19/2007, andrew holway wrote:
>the other foot

Note well the following phrases:
"...scenario for consumers who are looking to enjoy great next
generation content experiences on their PCs "
"In this way, the [Vista] PC functions the same as any other consumer
electronics device."

That's it.. a Vista PC is a TV/DVD player that can also run office

(I do find humorous all the references to viewing medical imagery
simultaneously with watching protected HD-DVD content.  Yeah, that's
what *I* want the radiologist  on call doing.. watching a movie while
he/she studies my CAT scan.)

>On 19/07/07, Tim Cutts <tjrc at sanger.ac.uk> wrote:

James Lux, P.E.
Spacecraft Radio Frequency Subsystems Group
Flight Communications Systems Section
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena CA 91109
tel: (818)354-2075