[Beowulf] Sidebar: Vista Rant

Mike Davis jmdavis1 at vcu.edu
Tue Jul 17 12:07:25 EDT 2007

Robert G. Brown wrote:

> This is where Vista is a major screw up.  Nobody cares about DRM
> compliance but the DRM police.  Nobody cares about multimedia systems,
> and since functioning multimedia now fits in $500 telephones people are
> understandably cynical about needing multicore multi GB systems to make
> it work.  What people DO care about, very much, is having a system that
> happens NOW, click to keyboard, at their actual UI.  Microsoft is in
> deep trouble...
>
>     rgb

I've missed a good RGB rant for awhile and this is a good one. It would
be good even if I didn't agree with it. I wish that I thought that
corporate IT would take the issues seriously. But, I don't. Too many
people have their "Certifications," and I believe that there is so much
entropy that real change will require even more than lack of usability.

Thanks RGB, I needed that...

Mike