[Beowulf] ever heard of ScaleMP?

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Dec 19 16:24:44 EST 2007

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 10:08:16PM -0500, Shai Fultheim (Shai at ScaleMP.com) wrote:

> -          Large memory applications can use all memory - for example
> running SANDIA CUBIT with meshes over 400GB in size.  3.08x faster than
> the customer large-scale Itanium NUMA system.

This is a classic apple-orange comparison. In order to be useful, you'd have
to mention what the other system was -- if it's an Itanium-1 at 800 Mhz
compared to a 3.0 Ghz modern system, that matters.

But, better yet, can you just point us at a set of SPEC OMP benchmark
results? I looked at your OEM partner pages and didn't see any
benchmark results.

-- greg