[Beowulf] Stream numbers for SiCortex's MIPS based SOC ...

richard.walsh at comcast.net richard.walsh at comcast.net
Mon Dec 17 16:26:13 EST 2007

Anyone seem Stream numbers for one and/or more cores from SiCortx, say a SiCortex
Catapult System.  The chip has two memory controllers, and I have heard provides:

"more than 10 Terabytesof bandwidth"

in the largest configuration, but have not seen any measured memory bandwidth numbers
for this box.  Come to think of it,  I have not seen measured number for its interconnect
performance either. Sustaining a reasonable ratio bytes delivered from memory to flops
should be easier on this processor with its lower clock, but is does have 2 cores.  I am
interested in how looks compared to Opteron, etc. It is supposed to be a balanced
design, but it seems there are few measured results available to validate this.

As always your thoughts are appreciated ...

"Making predictions is hard, especially about the future."

Niels Bohr

Richard Walsh
Thrashing River Consulting--
5605 Alameda St.