[Beowulf] Recommended paper for parallel sorting?

Larry Stewart larry.stewart at sicortex.com
Tue Dec 4 08:46:35 EST 2007

Nelson Castillo wrote:

>Hi.
>
>Could you please recommend a paper for reading? I'd like to know about parallel
>sorting algorithms for this architecture.
>
>Regards,
>Nelson.-

I was looking into this a few months ago.  Here are some good papers I
found:

http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/393851.html  -- Communications Conscious
Radix Sort

http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/569483.html  -- Parallel Algorithms for
Personalized Communication and Sorting With an Experinmental Study

Martin Schmollinger: Improving Communication Sensitive Parallel Radix
Sort for Unbalanced Data. Euro-Par 2003
<http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/%7Eley/db/conf/europar/europar2003.html#Schmollinger03>:
885-893

Schmollinger's PhD dissertation has a good chapter on this as well.

--
-Larry / Sector IX