[Beowulf] Using Autoparallel compilers or Multi-Threaded libraries with MPI

Eray Ozkural examachine at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 05:05:50 EST 2007

On Dec 2, 2007 1:15 AM, Greg Lindahl <lindahl at pbm.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 11:26:45AM -0800, Tom Elken wrote:
> > The SPEC HPG (High Performance Group) is having discussions about using
> > a hybrid of MPI and thread-level parallelism on the SPEC MPI2007
> > benchmark suite.
> I'd find it useful to debunk the notion that hybrid programming
> actually gives a speedup. That's probably not what HPG has in mind,
> but it'd be useful to the community.

I wouldn't be so sure!

Sounds like a great match for clusters of multi-core architectures.
And obviously many papers have been written about programming clusters
of SMP's so what exactly is your point here?

Eray Ozkural, PhD candidate.  Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara
http://www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr/~erayo  Malfunct: http://myspace.com/malfunct