[Beowulf] Big storage

Bruce Allen ballen at gravity.phys.uwm.edu
Thu Aug 30 06:19:32 EDT 2007

Hi Jakob,

> We are now very busy working out how we're going to accomplish this; I
> would like to follow up to this e-mail in a few months, with a
> description of what we ended up doing.
>
> A big thank you to all of you!

Over a number of years this mailing list has consistently offered a high
SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) as well as genuine entertainment value from a
few of the contributors.

Definitely one of the best ways to repay the list is to post a nice one or
two page summary of 'what I bought' and 'how much it cost' and 'how does
it work' and 'what are the problems'. This kind of unvarnished and
immediate feedback is very useful in an environment where the hardware
marketplace changes so quickly.

Cheers,
      Bruce