[Beowulf] Opteron with ifort and Intel MKL

Bertrand Russell betrussell23 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 05:58:54 EDT 2007

Dear Beowulf Community members,

I am planning to build a Beowulf cluster of 12 SUN FIRE 2200 boxes with
Opteron-2.6GHz processor (Dual Core). The purpose of this cluster is to run
my Amber9 code. I want to know one thing, Would the Opteron can give better
benchmarks if I compile my Amber9 with Intel MKL and ifort compiler? I
googled around it, but I could not get any positive or negative results
either. I am looking for expertise and experinced advices and suggestions.
Many thanks in advance.

--
Miles to go......... Millions to meet...........
Bertrand. P. S. Russell

!DSPAM:46cf6085160788298414181!