[Beowulf] was: Intel Quad-Core or AMD Opteron

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Fri Aug 24 11:13:28 EDT 2007

There are few questions taking into account incoming Barcelona ;-)

1) Why taskset possibilities are not appropriate for using at rsh
issuings from MPI implementations ?

BTW, did somebody install taskset, i.e. 1.5.0 schedutils 1.5.0 or
util-linux-2.13 under x86-64 OpenSuSE 10.1 or 10.2 ?

2) What is known about RDTSC synchronization between CPU cores in
modern Linux kernels (especially I'm interesting in OpenSuSE :-)) ?

I heard some time ago that at least some Fedora kernels performed like
synchronization.

Yours
Mikhail Kuzminsky
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry