[Beowulf] Strange hardware? problems

Craig West cwest at astro.umass.edu
Fri Apr 27 14:26:26 EDT 2007

Have you tried to look for bios updates for the motherboards? Looking at
the motherboard BIOS page shows lots of fixes.

It might be worth checking the two machines are running the same BIOS
versions. My guess is the S2882-D is running a newer bios, unless you
have upgraded.

Also have you tried installing one set of the (failing) 244s into the
(good) S2882-D motherboard, and running the computation?
I'm assuming they are compatible, but you might want to check first.