[Beowulf] 1.2 us IB latency?

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Wed Apr 18 13:49:08 EDT 2007

>>> We gain experience from each generation and implement it in
>> the next
>>> generations, and this is the outcome.
>>
>> thanks, I needed my daily dose of marketing-speak.
>> unfortunately, the question remains unanswered.  gradual
>> improvement does not explain a 3x improvement.
>
> Do you expect me to describe in details the architecture of our silicon?
> Come on... :-)

why not?  explaining your tech to prospective customers is good PR,
and I would be surprised if your competitors don't already know it all.
this is why Intel and AMD routinely disclose quite a few details of their
respective microarchitectures.

suggesting that your competitors are stupid or ignorant is _not_ good PR.