[Beowulf] Win64 Clusters!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 14:39:23 EDT 2007

Well, I could run unix with all 1536K, but not MS/PCDOS 3.2. So call it a
software issue of failing to work around the hardware issue. Obviously the
hardware was not a show-stopper.

But it was the 286 I did this on, not the earlier 8088, which I don't think
could reasonably have been expected to run unix; but the original comment
regarded the 80286.
Peter

On 4/9/07, Mark Hahn <hahn at mcmaster.ca> wrote:

> > I believe the issue was the location in memory of reserved space, stuck
> at
>
> 640K is the location of the video buffer.  this is a hardware issue, not
> sw.
> the cpu could address up to 1M (+64k, iirc.)

!DSPAM:461a8a3a151729691080364!