[Beowulf] Win64 Clusters!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toon Knapen toon.knapen at fft.be
Tue Apr 3 14:12:27 EDT 2007

Robert G. Brown wrote:

> In the current case if the government says "we will not fund any cluster
> and research software development that uses non-portable constructs in
> their MPI implementation"

But their (MPI) API is still standard conforming. The way they
integrated it (in the OS) is a bit different. IIUC they have their own
queue-ing system on top (or integrated). But OTOH neither SGE or PBS or
whatever is standard.

So from a programmer's POV, they conform to the MPI standard. From the
user's POV (how to launch a job or how to submit a job to a queue) there
was never any standard.

toon