[Beowulf] Killing may user jobs on many compute nodes

Leif Nixon nixon at nsc.liu.se
Tue Sep 12 06:54:48 EDT 2006

<Daniel.G.Roberts at sanofi-aventis.com> writes:

> Any one have a method/script that they would be willing to pass
> along that could be used in the process of terminating user
> processes out on the compute nodes that we never properly cleaned
> up?

That's batch system specific. There should be some sort of epilogue
functionality in your batch system that you can hook into to kill off
run-away processes, clear scratch disk space and so on.

Leif Nixon                       -            Systems expert
National Supercomputer Centre    -      Linkoping University
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org