[Beowulf] NCSU and FORTRAN

Mark Hahn hahn at physics.mcmaster.ca
Sun Sep 10 23:37:42 EDT 2006

> It's also easier for intel to define it this way.. If you use the
> not-for-profit kind of criteria you wind up with all sorts of discussion

I don't agree - I was astounded that Intel didn't simply say
"use this license to compile binaries that you don't ultimately sell".
this is more along the lines of their intent, I suspect, and permits
all the normal academic uses that most people expect.

but IMO they've lost their opportunity - Pathscale is probably better
if you can pay, and GCC is dramatically improved if you can't.

regards, mark hahn.