[Beowulf] Most stable kernel for mpich2 cluster?

Panagiotis Christopoulos pxrist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 10:55:03 EDT 2006

Hi,

I build a cluster for Technological Institute of Athens, here, in Greece, with
linux of course. My hardware is sixteen HP DL380 with 3.00GHz Xeon(do not
laugh, I know that my cluster is too small for those, some of you, design and
maintain). I want to install the pure vanilla-sources but I have problem to
decide the best version. 2.6.18.1 is out but I think that it' s not a good
idea to install the latest kernel, so, I would like to tell me your
opinion.
What would you do?

I appreciate your help,
with regards,