[Beowulf] Apologies for the spam/virus yesterday

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Nov 9 22:43:23 EST 2006

On Friday 10 November 2006 03:37, Michael Will wrote:

> Completely usel.ess unless you plan to litigate and have to prove
> authorship

Certainly for me being able to demonstrate authorship and/or modification of a
message or file is useful in its own right, I don't understand why utility
should be considered conditional upon legal action.

E.g. LISTSERV used to (may still do) convert tabs to spaces in messages
passing through it, so if someone creates a file or patch where tabs are
significant and OpenPGP/MIME signs it and sends it to a LISTSERV list then
the signature would fail and the recipients will know the something is wrong
with it.

Chris