[Beowulf] Thought that this might be of interest

Greg Lindahl greg.lindahl at qlogic.com
Tue Nov 7 21:34:04 EST 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 01:34:25PM +1100, Chris Samuel wrote:

> Have they moved to FlexLM yet ?   We had PathScale on eval for a while but
> found that their bespoke license daemon hung onto a users license for a long
> while after they'd finished compiling whereas the Intel compilers just
> worked..

This is a policy issue, and has nothing to do with moving to
FlexLM. And it's discussed in the documentation.

The policy is that once a user has a license, they have it for 15
minutes. If you need more licenses, buy more licenses. If you need
more eval licenses, just ask.

Intel probably has a more lenient policy for their compilers, but do
keep in mind that their main business is selling chips, not selling
software. So economics apply quite differently to them.

-- greg