[Beowulf] MPICH - ssh config question

Nathan Moore nmoore at winona.edu
Tue Jun 13 12:04:20 EDT 2006

I'm trying to install MPICH on a small cluster of powermac G4's
running opensuse 10.1 .  The machines are in a campus network
environment with no cluster-specific fileserver, central LDAP host
etc.  While I have been able to compile and install MPICH, I can't
get the ring up and running (mpdboot fails).

What sort of network connection do I between the cluster of
machines?  I can ssh to and fro within the cluster (with a
password).  Do I need to set up a fileserver to run MPICH in a
satisfying way?

What is the proper way to set up ssh so that once I've connected to
one machine within the cluster I never have to enter a password again
to move within the cluster?  Is this what is necessary to get MPICH
to run?

Nathan Moore
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org