[Beowulf] EOF from console

Matthew Fowler tjue1 at central.susx.ac.uk
Mon Jun 12 11:49:08 EDT 2006

Hi list
Im doing some experiments on an embedded platform and am building a
Beowulf cluster from them. I have a unusual setup as the boards have
limited memory and i am using MPICH 2 (latest). The setup is a bit
strange as Python is accessable to the boards via an NFS mount.
I can start an MPD daemon on a single board with no problems. I can
also add a further three to the ring with no probs. Adding a fith
causes an error. (see below)
(im adding nodes manually rather than using mpdboot. When I get it
working manually I will get mpdboot working.
Heres the problem:
(from first board)
mpdtrace -l
board01_2048 (
I then add others into the ring as:
mpd -h board01 -p 2048 &
I can continue to add boards until I try and add a 5th. When adding a
5th using the above method I get:
mpdtrace &
mpdtrace (mpdtrace 57): got eof on console
Jul 22 08:33:49 board05 python2.3: mpdtrace (mpdtrace 57): got eof on
I have to admit im baffled. Can anyone shed some light on this? If more
specific information will help please tell me.