[Beowulf] Tyan's Beowulf in a box

Karsten Petersen karsten.petersen at megware.com
Fri Jun 9 06:02:41 EDT 2006

Geoff Jacobs schrieb:
> Found this on the Tech Report:
> http://www.tyan.com/PRODUCTS/html/typhoon_b2881_spec.html
>
> Looks like a fairly slick setup. Basically, you get a four node beowulf
> in a box the size of a DS20, suitable for deskside use. The only problem
> is that, from what I can see, it only supports GbE.

Please be aware that these are just four machines in one chassis, its
not a cluster of four machines.  They are completely unrelated to each
other, there is neither a common power distribution nor a network switch
nor any kind of common control.  There is also no backplane or such, so
to service the leftmost board you most often need to displace the other
three first (to rip out the ATX power cord).

Best wishes
Karsten
--
HPC System Engineer