[Beowulf] g77 limits...

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Feb 24 18:10:42 EST 2006

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> <rant mode on> And in Red Hat Enterprise 4 - only there, they used a
> snapshot dated December 2004 - a full few months before _actual_
> release :( Be very, _very_ careful with Red Hat and compiler versions:
> I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Fedora Core 5 release in three
> weeks or so compiled with GCC "4.1" throughout - 4.1 isn't released yet.
> They do employ some of the core GCC maintainers but can still produce
> proprietary-type problems by releasing code prematurely that should probably
> still be in house - anybody else remember GCC 2.96??  All IMHO</rant mode off>

But it's pretty close to done...

Branch status: 2006-01-15  (open for regression and documentation fixes

So presumably no ABI breakage between now and release....

Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222
Colorado Research Associates/NWRA      FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane, Boulder CO 80301   http://www.co-ra.com