[Beowulf] Apologies for the spam/virus yesterday

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Thu Feb 9 15:09:56 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 07:09 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 10:01:06PM +0000, Martin Wheeler wrote:
> > On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Donald Becker wrote:
> >
> > >The bottom line is that we are considering a message board format to
> > >replace the mailing list.

I would vote very much for keeping the mailing list.
I regularly download my IMAP mail for offline reading, and catch up on
it whilst travelling. For instance, today I was reading the list emails
on a train to a client site.

If anyone needs an alternate format, there is the gmane mail to news
gateway, so you could read it as a newsgroup.
Web based forums are good for many purposes, but not for this list,
please.