[Beowulf] Apologies for the spam/virus yesterday

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman bropers at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Feb 8 16:01:17 EST 2006

I second Greg.

Greg Lindahl said the following on 2006-02-08 14:55:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 11:54:31AM -0800, Donald Becker wrote:
>> The bottom line is that we are considering a message board format to
>> replace the mailing list.  It would have required logins to
>> post, and retroactive moderation to delete advertising and trolls.
>> Any opinions?
> I would prefer to continue to *read* the mailing list by email. But if
> you want a spam-proof posting mechanism, that would be a fine
> thing. There are message board packages out there that support
> posting/reading on the forum but also support email reading.
> -- greg

- --
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman, Director     .:.    High Performance Computing
Networking, Infrastructure, & Research / Information Technology Support
Frey Computing Services, Rm. 323                        bropers at lsu.edu
Louisiana State University                          +1 225.578.3272 (V)
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-1900  USA                     +1 225.578.6400 (F)
http://www.hpc.lsu.edu/                         http://www.cct.lsu.edu/
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)