[Beowulf] Beowulf, Gentoo and Navier Stokes solvers

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman bropers at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Feb 6 16:23:30 EST 2006

As your request is fairly Gentoo specific, please visit:

and subscribe to the gentoo-cluster list.

RE: the navier stokes (CFD) bits, there are several codes out there. One is
even situated in your neck of the woods:

FYI, there is a CFD component being added to Cactus, which may be of value
to you:

Alan Jones said the following on 2006-02-06 11:00:
> Hi All,
> I'll start by introducing myself being my first post on the list. As the
> header suggests my name is Alan - I'm head of R&D at a production
> (visual effects) house in London.
> I'm currently looking into developing a cluster to perform fluid
> simulation and google, while providing plenty of information, hasn't
> shown what I'm after.
> The first part I'm looking for is how I'd go about using gentoo as my
> base platform for putting together a cluster.
> The other question is whether there's any existing open source projects
> for navier stokes on beowulf out there as I'd rather spend my
> development efforts contributing to an existing project.
> Cheers,
> Alan.

- --
Brian D. Ropers-Huilman, Director     .:.    High Performance Computing
Networking, Infrastructure, & Research / Information Technology Support
Frey Computing Services, Rm. 323                        bropers at lsu.edu
Louisiana State University                          +1 225.578.3272 (V)
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-1900  USA                     +1 225.578.6400 (F)
http://www.hpc.lsu.edu/                         http://www.cct.lsu.edu/
Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (GNU/Linux)