[Beowulf] 32/64 bit

David Mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Wed Feb 1 17:45:32 EST 2006

Warren Turkal wrote:

>Does SGE make is possible to partition off the cluster into
> nodes that are capable of 32/64 bit and nodes that are
> only capable of 32 bit? I would like to have 32 bit
> apps run on all nodes and 64 bit apps only run on the 64-bit
> capable nodes.

Yes. Start qmon, go to host configuration, go to execution
host.  Put a value in the "Consumables/fixed hosts" field.
For instance "BIT64 TRUE".  Then you put a condition
on the qsub command (using the -l option) so that
64 bit jobs only go those nodes where BIT64 is true.

For more info one of the SGE lists would probably be a better
place to ask.

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org