[Beowulf] Re: Selling computation time

Jeff Johnson jeff.johnson at wsm.com
Wed Dec 27 15:36:52 EST 2006

beowulf-request at beowulf.org wrote:
> Dear all,
> ..snip..
> > I wonder then if there would be potential buyers for cluster time.
> > I've been browsing,  not too deep, the net, and I've not found
> > (yet) any information of someone selling cluster time.
> >
> I know about SUN selling it:

Interesting that Sun is doing that. Having been around different
industry segments employing HPC it has been my experience that most
would not trust their IP (intellectual property) outside of their
exclusive control. Pharma, entertainment and commercial startups are
usually too protective of their IP.

It is a reasonable assumption that Sun did their homework. I wonder who
they are targeting.

--Jeff