[Beowulf] 'liquid cooled' racks

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Wed Dec 6 07:59:19 EST 2006

Daniel Kidger wrote:

> Slide 18 implies there early market is for Defence systems - I guess getting
> rid of hot air on a submarine is a bit tricky?

Hmmm... I would suggest that the important aspect is the lower noise
level associated with heat removal on a sub.  A bunch of 40mm fans
whining away would make for rather easy tracking of subs...

Considering that they are immersed in a huge heat bath of reasonable
temperature, the important part of this would be how to couple the heat
source effectively to this heat bath, also without lots of noise.

Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
Scalable Informatics LLC,
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com