[Beowulf] Correct networking solution for 16-core nodes

Joachim Worringen joachim at dolphinics.com
Fri Aug 4 05:35:56 EDT 2006

Greg Lindahl wrote:
> Vincent wrote:
>
>> Only quadrics is clear about its switch latency (probably
>> competitors have a worse one). It's 50 us for 1 card.
>
> We have clearly stated that the Mellanox switch is around 200 usec per
> hop.  Myricom's number is also well known.

I think Vincent meant another latency, not the per-hop latency in the
switches: the time to switch between different processes communicating
to the NIC. I never heard of this latency being specified, nor being
substantial. Can anybody comment?

  Joachim

--
Joachim Worringen, Software Architect, Dolphin Interconnect Solutions
phone ++49/(0)228/324 08 17 - http://www.dolphinics.com