[Beowulf] XGrid on old macs

Nathan Moore nmoore at winona.edu
Mon Apr 3 16:08:26 EDT 2006

At our university we've got 5-10 old (g4) powermacs floating around
the department that were talking about organizing as a cluster for
pedagogical work in computational physics.  Apple's Xgrid utility
seems like and interesting utility to use for the job - I'm curious
if anyone on the list has experience with this scheduler.
Specifically, is it easy to link against?  Is the MPI layer standard
(my previous experience is mostly with IBM machines)

Nathan Moore
Assistant Professor, Physics
Winona State University
AIM:nmoorewsu