[Beowulf] Differenz between a Grid and a Cluster???

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu Sep 22 15:49:38 EDT 2005

Leif Nixon writes:

> Uhm. Yeah. Or we fix rpm to handle a hierarchy of databases instead.

Yeah, that works for me too.  Now if it just works for red hat... and
remains reasonably backwards compatible... and works for yum... and
doesn't open any security holes...;-)

> As for PACMAN, it is a given that any grid project has to start out by
> designing a new software packaging system. Really.

So THAT'S where it came from.  They were just following the rules...:-)

I shoulda known.

Next thing you know, somebody will rationally explain why they're still
running Red Hat 7.1 and I'll have to up my antipsychotic meds still