[O-MPI users] Fwd: Fwd: [Beowulf] MorphMPI based on fortran itf

Toon Knapen toon.knapen at fft.be
Wed Oct 12 11:26:05 EDT 2005

Tim Prins wrote:

> I am in the process of developing MorphMPI and have designed my
> implementation a bit different than what you propose (my apologies if I
> misunderstood what you have said). I am creating one main library, which
> users will compile and run against, and which should not need to be
> recompiled. This library will then open a plugin depending on what MPI
> the user would like to use. Then, it will dynamically open the actual
> MPI implementation. In other words, to add support for another MPI one
> would just need to drop the appropriate plugin into the right directory.

Thus IIUC, the app calls your lib and your lib on its turn calls a
plugin? This involves two dereferences. My idea was to (be able to)
recompile the MorphMPI for each of the MPI lib's and plug this one
between the app and the MPI. AFACIT this approach has the same set of
features but is more lightweight.

Is your project open-source? If so, can I check it out?

toon