[Beowulf] Quasi-Non-Von-Neumann hardware in a Beowulf cluster.

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Mar 10 15:38:15 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Joe Landman wrote:

> The physics chip bit got me thinking along the molecular dynamics lines
> last night, specifically the non-bonded calculations.

http://www.research.ibm.com/grape/

is already quite old... CHARMM and I think AMBER (as MD applications)
were able to use the chips - given that these are 2 of the most used
MD codes, it would suggest that there was a significant gain in speed
to justify the extra coding.

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868