[Beowulf] 2.6.11 is out; with InfiBand support

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at charter.net
Fri Mar 4 10:43:27 EST 2005

Roger L. Smith wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Mark Hahn wrote:
>

>>the IB world (still consting only of Mellanox chips, right?)
>>has done a good job pushing down adapter prices.
>>
>>can anyone comment on trends in switch pricing?
>>

>I know at least one vendor has a 24 port model using the newer IB chipset
>for around $8,000.

I just finished an interconnect survey article for Doug and
ClusterWorld Magazine. As part of the article I have a nice
table with list prices for 8 nodes and 128 nodes for the
various interconnects. It should be out in the May issue
so be sure to look for it.

However, to match what Roger said, one IB vendor gave me
a list price for 8-ports of IB for under $8,000.

Jeff