[Beowulf] Performance issue - CPU Intel 00/02

Bill Wichser bill at princeton.edu
Thu Jul 21 14:27:06 EDT 2005

Here are my findings to date:

Problem does NOT move with CPU but remains on motherboard.

Resetting CMOS via jumper on board changes nothing.

Exchanging batteries, both supplying correct voltage, between bad/good
nodes changes nothing.

Updating the BIOS firmware, making sure to reset CMOS in the process,
changes nothing.

BIOS upon bootup always displays the processor as the Pentium 4. x86info
still displays the bad node info as Celeron (P4 core) [B0] Original OEM.

Again, I'm out of ideas.  Wish me luck when trying to deal with Tyan!
Thanks for all your pointers/suggestions thus far.

Bill