[Beowulf] SuSE 9.3

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue Jul 12 02:58:23 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 17:40 -0400, Michael Joyner wrote:
> After discussing it with the physics professor, we have decided to try
> Fedora 2 + OSCAR.
>
> Wish me luck! :)

Luck. But you are doolally.
Fedora is a distribution with a short lifetime.
And believe me I know - I have used Fedora since the beginning.
I currently run Fedora 3 on this laptop, which was installed in
December. It is already superseded.

Please, please consider using Scientific Linux
http://www.scientificlinux.org
you'll get updates for that for several years.
Version 4 is out with a 2.6 kernel.
(as an aside, unless you have an overwhelming need, why use a 2.4 kernel
on a new cluster?)