[Beowulf] Application Profiling Request

Joel Krauska jkrauska at cisco.com
Sun Jul 3 00:47:23 EDT 2005

Hello.

I work in a HPC cluster application profiling lab at Cisco.

We have a 64-node dual-opteron cluster running beowulf, and are growing
the cluster to 128 nodes in the coming months.

We've spent plenty of time running the stock benchmarks like linpack and
pallas and hpcc, but we're looking for some more /actual/ sample
applications that get run in the real world.

We would like to have your application with real workloads running in
our lab. In exchange we can provide you performance results (privately
if you desire) on traffic patterns and how your application scales on a
variety a Cisco GigE , 10GigE (including using some RNIC technologies)
and now IB switches.

If instead of a special app, you've got a dataset/workload that you run
on any of the commonly available apps, we'd be happy to run that too.

If you're interested in participating, please drop me a line.

Thanks,

Joel Krauska