[Beowulf] Cooling vs HW replacement

Josip Loncaric josip at lanl.gov
Fri Jan 21 12:03:18 EST 2005

Mark Hahn wrote:
> aside: Maxtor, in particular, has gradually stopped putting ANY
> useful data into their so-called datasheets.

I noticed the same thing recently about Maxtor.  If this trend
continues, we'll be getting less technical information about some
commodity computer parts than we normally get about bottled water.

Western Digital still supplies technical data on their drives, and
Hitachi (formerly IBM) drives advertise particularly low power
dissipation.  I haven't checked Seagate lately, so Mark's comment is