[Beowulf] [Bioclusters] servers for bio web services setup (fwd from michab at dcs.gla.ac.uk)

Alan Louis Scheinine scheinin at crs4.it
Thu Jan 13 08:27:45 EST 2005

One machine might be enough.  With regard to clustering,
what you need is high availability, which is different
from Beowulf.

One source of high availability information is

Micha Bayer <michab at dcs.gla.ac.uk> wrote:
> The computational back end is likely to be our UK National Grid or
> similar, but either way he is only providing the server that hosts the
> middleware and metascheduler. He is wondering what hardware setup setup
> is best for this. We are probably looking at running the web/grid
> services out of Tomcat.

Alan Scheinine
  Centro di Ricerca, Sviluppo e Studi Superiori in Sardegna
  Center for Advanced Studies, Research, and Development in Sardinia