[Beowulf] OpenFOAM

Michael T. Prinkey mprinkey at aeolusresearch.com
Tue Jan 4 11:31:01 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

I don't think this has been mentioned here yet.  Many of you are CFD users
so it may be of interest.  FOAM, an object-oriented CFD toolkit, has been
recently released under the GPL.  It is parallel using MPI (lam) and has a
lot of useful CFD features (unstructured mesh, lots of physical models).
Perhaps most interesting is its very flexible and concise mechanisms for
defining new phyiscal laws and algorithms.  The released version includes
modules to do LES, multiphase flow, FEM of solids, electromagnetism, and
even financial modeling.

http://www.openfoam.org

I am interested if anyone has experience with OpenFOAM or is currently
planning to make use of it.

Thanks,

Mike Prinkey