[Beowulf] Re: S2466 Wake on Lan working, anyone?

David Mathog mathog at mendel.bio.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 23 18:28:07 EST 2005

One other tidbit, both the node with enable_wol=1 and the other
nodes show exactly the same thing for "lspci -vv", which is:

02:08.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX/TX-M [Tornado]
(rev 78)
        Subsystem: Tyan Computer: Unknown device 2466
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-

As I understand this the status should have been D3 (from some
old posts by Donald Becker).  Or maybe it should be in D3 at
shutdown, which of course I can't see because, um, the system
is shutdown!  The node was started with this lilo entry:

        append="devfs=mount acpi=on resume=/dev/hda2 splash=silent
console=tty0 console=ttyS0,38400"

How would does one test that enable_wol is actually being
set during a shutdown initiated by poweroff???

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu
Beowulf mailing list, Beowulf at beowulf.org