[Beowulf] Re: Re: Home beowulf - NIC latencies

Rossen Dimitrov rossen at verarisoft.com
Tue Feb 15 09:28:28 EST 2005

> One person alone can't do this. The best place to discuss such things is
> the MPI users group meeting (EuroPVM/MPI, this year in Capri/Italy).
> Also, adding mpi.h to the standard to define an ABI is a good thing.
>  Joachim

In a conversation with MPI and tool developers and I once mentioned that
not defining a standard/mandatory mpi.h was probably a missed
opportunity for improving interoperability of MPI. I was then told by a
member of the MPI-1 Forum that this was done on purpose. This makes me
think that we will not see an ABI definition for MPI any time soon.