[Beowulf] How-TO Mysql on Lam-cluster?

Mikhail Kuzminsky kus at free.net
Mon Feb 7 12:37:17 EST 2005

In message from "Rahul Manglekar" <rcmanglekar at rediffmail.com> (7 Feb
2005 14:17:05 -0000):

>hi all..,
>
>i have setup up LAM-MPI cluster on 3 machine for testing.
>
>i want do put mysql on cluster..,,
>such that if mysql need more processor power ,
>it can use processor power of all nodes that are present in cluster.
   No. Usual MySQL isn't capable to use cluster nodes in parallel.
But you  may work w/special software which allows to split your
database between cluster nodes. You may find the corresponding
information at mysql site or also search Beowulf maillist archive
(if I remember right, it was some discussion of databases in cluster
here).

Yours
Mikhail Kuzminsky
Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry