[Beowulf] SGE web frontends

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Sat Feb 5 03:58:49 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 13:37 -0500, Robert G. Brown wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Brian Henerey wrote:
> >
> > I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'd also be interested to know
> > if there are any open source web frontends for launching jobs on
> > clusters. I've mostly written my own anyway, but if something's out
> > there I'd like to know.
> Same topic.  The issue is having a web "portal" that manages stuff like
> authentication, data transport, job submission/status etc.  Running the
> submissions through SGE rather than something else is just a detail.
I know that the London E-science centre do work in that area.

Have a look at GridSAM

Haven never used it myself mind - it was only out in beta
last week!
And sadly: "The DRMConnector for launching to Grid Engine resource using
DRMAA is currently in development and not yet released. "

Also, you could ask the same question on the SGE list.