[Beowulf] Maximizing intra-node communication performance

Tahir Malas tmalas at ee.bilkent.edu.tr
Tue Dec 27 05:05:55 EST 2005

Hi all,
Taking advice from a previous discussion, we have purchased an Tyan server
with 8 dual-core Opteron 870 processors. Now I want to wonder how I can
maximize the intra-node communication of the server. We have been using
LAM-MPI, but I think that TCP/IP protocol may degrade the performance. Has
anybody tried new implementations of MPI, or anybody knows some other
support for intra-node communication?
Thanks in advance,
Tahir Malas
Bilkent University
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department
Phone: +90 312 290 1385