[Beowulf] Prioritising Pending Jobs from different queues

Jenno Claesson jennoclaesson at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 5 07:34:47 EST 2005

Just re-asking a question for which I forgot to mention I was using the Sun
Grid Engine.

My question surrounds the submission of jobs into two separate queues,
assuming I have only one host on which to run the jobs.

If I have two queues, is there a way that I can have jobs submitted in one
queue, run before jobs that were previously submitted in another queue.  I
am happy to wait for any currently running jobs to finish, and as such I
don't really want to use subordinate_list, because I do not want to effect
any running jobs.  All I want to do, is ensure that the job in my "high
priority" queue, is the next job to be run from the "Pending Jobs" list.

I also don't want to have to use the -p option at submit time.  Essentially,
all I want is a high-priority queue, and a low priority queue.

Over 100,000 new beginnings at Australia's #1 job site.